a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, February 26, 2010

sew darn much to do

I slept in until 8:40 this morning and it took until 11:00 before we got out of the house since the Friday newspaper takes me nearly an hour and a half to read. Then I had to shower and get ready for stepping out with my man. We didnt' do anything of any great importance but did our mall walk and had a Burger King hamburger which we cut in half and each ate one half.
We met an old friend of mine from when I used to go to exercise class. His wife has the Janome 11000 and was off to a class to learn how to use it.
When I got home I had to go upstairs to get the e-mail on my PC cleaned off and to reorganize my embroidery designs. Some of my Sunbonnet designs were getting out of control, can't trust that girl , so I made another folder and put the ones from emblibrary in it. Then made another folder
for religious designe, Only have one but it deserves a folder of its own. I bought this design today too.
Then I had to write and address two thank you cards , no stamps , that's for tomorrow :>))
Finally.... I sat down to sew some more Snowball blocks. That wasn't going so well and I decided that my machine needed cleaning. My Janome is quite fussy about cleanliness and starts misbehaving when dirty. It wasn't really that dirty but there was fluff and a bit if dust in the bobbin case area. Good thing there was no loose bits of thread , that causes a real temper tantrum LOL. After that and a drop of oil I changed the needle and it was all set to go again.
I find you need to be most careful when doing the diagonal sewing line on the cornere squares as it won't fold back correctly if the line is sloppy. I had to unsew one line, could be worse , but then I only got 5 blocks done before it was time to make dinner. All we had was macaroni and tomatoes with weiners, one of my favourite dishes if not a culinary marvel LOL
Now I need to get to my knitting..good night all.

No comments: