a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

quilting day

Off to the sewing ladies today. I took some heart blocks to the group to see if they liked the fabric I had thought about using for sashing of the blocks. No one liked it and made numerous suggestions none of which I cared for so I am at a standstill. I think I'll go to the fabric shop as there are many more choices and one can always come up with something perfect- or close to perfect LOL.
I continued to sew on my purple butterfly and one lady said that might work for the hearts but it is no longer available at the shops.
I did get all four out of five parts hand appliqued today . That means I have done three less the embroidery of the antennae.
At Community Quilts we work on quilts for hospitals and otherplaces/ I just sewed on the labels today.
My friend finished quilting my Hallowe'en wallhanging. We have a deal, she quilts and I knit her socks. I already told you that dear readers That works for both of us but now two more ladies want me to make them socks.They are friends and I'll do it as long as they give me the time I need and they will. Right now I'm knitting a little shrug for my great granddaughter who is just 4 months old.
Today another friend gave me her serger, she didn't want it any more and just wanted it out of her house. originally she bought it to make clothes for her grandchildren but they didn't like what she made them so I think it discouraged her a lot. I'll need to take a class to learn how to use it. At 78 Ihave not used a serger and am not sure why I accepted it from my friend. It will keep my brain functioning LOL

No comments: