a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, February 6, 2010

done

The red socks are finished and here is the photo I promised. I added them to my Webshots as well along with a couple of explanatory photos. I have been making snowball blocks out of Hallowe'en fabric but of course don't have enough. I'll check with my fellow sewists on Tuesday to see if we can exchange squares. I find that it is a pain to get those corners on correctly and have to take them off and do some of them again. Oh well!!
Now I want to make a cover for my machine and am thinking the quilted fabric would be nice with an embroidery design on the front and the back since they are both the same , then it can be reversed to present a different picture. That is just a thought right now; a gleam in my eye!!!
I just had to add the photo fo the blue footed boobies, the first time I saw them on a film I fell in love with these silly birds. Who would think of blue beaks and feet.Birds are so funny, so are people:>))
We have a resident woodpecker who comes along periodically and slams away at our chimney sheath which is metal. I get a kick out of him wasting his time but my neighbour reported him to council for making a noise. HELLO! What did she think anyone could do about him I wonder LOL>

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your comment about the woodpecker reminded me of the house I grew up in. We had a cypress shake roof (shingles were made of handsplit cypress). Many mornings I woke up to the sound of a wood pecker pecking away on our roof!

nanboudreau said...

And did you report him LOL.
Love
Nan

Sandy said...

Nan you are such a dear for giving the latest insider info on the nearly here games!
The boxing kangaroo flag was first used for the Australian crew in the winning America's Cup in the '80s

Our waste is put in rubbish bins ;>)

Sandy in South Australia

Sandy said...

the birds look like they stepped into a can of blue paint - never seen these before.

Sandy in South Australia

nanboudreau said...

Sandy, they are so funny in the film, they danced around on their wonderful blue feet. it was so much fun to see.
Nan