a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, February 20, 2010

hallowe'en blocks

I am still working on using up the Hallowe'en prints, so far I have done 13 snowball blocks, sewn, squared off and pressed, ready to use. Well maybe I will decide to starch them. There are still more squares to go. I think I'll use nine patches with them. My pumpkin quilt is being quilted this week and then it jsut needs to have the binding sewn down. That's a good job to do on my Tuesdays when I go to my group.
I am anxious to get it done, I like it so much. One of the ladies at my community quilts said jokingly she would do my binding if I would knit her a pair of socks LOL. Lynn does the quilitng for me and I knit her socks, she got the red ones. My quilting is so bad I hate to do it on my nice tops.I know I need to practice but it seems there is just time for sewing. My machine is the Janome 6600 and it seems to take me forever to change the Accufeed feet and to get the machine ready for quilting. Plus theer is so little time, oh I know excuses, excuses.
Mary is still here and today we set up a Flickr account for me and added my quilts to it. That makes me very happy. We are getting things set up the way I want them to be. Next on my list is to make the photos stay with the actual blog. mary is sending me a bit of HTML that will do that.
Good night folks, I have some books to finish , my sister lent me a library book and it has been hiding under some fabric. It needs to get back to the library on Friday so off to bed I go to read.

No comments: