a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, February 1, 2010

A visit to the quilt shop

We had lunch with our grandson Sam today. After lunch Ray wanted to got to Ladner where the Hobby Shop is that he buys his boat building items from. We wandered around and looked at paints and some models. There was a model for the Bluenose 11 (2)which is the ship on the back of the Canadian dime. Or it is thought to be the ship and is commonly known as such but the picture on the dime is a generic schooner which is what the Bluenose is, a racing schooner . The Bluenose is or was housed in Lunenburg Nova Scotia the last time I saw it. I wanted him to buy it but he didn't.
Then we trucked on over to the quilt shop because I wanted some silk threads for applique. I have a little box full of them and am the silk thread queen of my group. They all borrow them and as there is no way in my life time I'll use them all up, I am happy to share them with my friends LOL. But there are shades that I don't have right now and would like to have.
Ladner is a good little drive away from Vancouver and we don't get out there very often so like to combine our trips, his and hers so to speak. It is a bit of a winding town, very picturesque, and we sometimes find ourselves getting lost which is what happened today. Finally we arrived at the quilt shop only to find out it is closed on Mondays, Hmm I was not very happy about that.
When I got home there was a message on my phone from my friend Jean in Delaware. It said I just called to talk and since it is 11:30 your time I guess you are out to lunch . I laughed that she knows my shchedule from way across the continent. We shared a good laugh when I returend her call. She said you are always going out for lunch :>))

No comments: