a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, February 11, 2010

late now soon to bed

It has been a great day as you know from my Olympic blog. And to top things off I did not have to make dinner, then I went to a class with Kathy. We learned to make button holes , to use the decorative stitches on the machine and to sew in a zipper.I was very happy to learn the buttonhole and zipper sewing but already knew how to use the embroidery stitches. Still it was a lot of fun and at the end of the class we had a nice little bag with a zipper opening. Lots of laughs , coffee and muffins.



Tom, the teacher, is a really nice guy. Of course it pays to be nice when you're in business. I spent a hundred dollars- part of that was fabric, needles,thread, and I signed up for another class which will be in March. I signed up for this class tonight , which is once a month for ten months because I wanted to learn more about sewing rather than quilting . So far I have been happy with the things I have learned but tonight was the best for me.
On top of which Kathy said she likes going to movies. So do I and have no partner to go with as Ray doesn't like going to shows. We discovered that we both like murder movies and now we can go together!! Things are going very well for me right now- Halleluja!!

No comments: