a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Digest 2/16/2010

I was not going to write tonight as I am not feeling well but then I decided that missed once may be more than once missed. It is the first step in the downfall LOL.
Canada won another Gold tonight!!! Maelle Ricker medaled in the snowboard cross event. And we watched hockey where Canada beat Norway 7 to 0 in the qualifying round. Sorry I can't recall any country but my own since our medal count is not often high so we celebrate each medal . It is 2 golds for us despite the fact that we have gorgeous weather which is bad for winter sports. The town is full and the city is after Vanoc to pull down the wire fence around the cauldron. Whose stupid idea was that? A couple of Mounties in the red tunics would do the security trick and please the crowd..
We watched a bit of curling another sport I had never bothered to watch in the past. I got a kick out of what I thought was a team member yelling at the rock, highly amusing to me !! but then Ray said it was the skip letting the team know what to do.LOL.
Oh and last night we saw the pairs skate, the Chinese pair was magic, I was inspired by the performance , to do what I don't know but it was inspiring :>) The pair are a married couple and the skate was stunning. The couple have an incredible connection which showed throughout the performance.
Hmm not bad for a blog that wasn't supposed to be :>)

3 comments:

adam said...

I"m not big on the fancy skating, but I like the downhill skiing events. Snowboarding is kind of new to me, but it certainly seems popular-that Shaun White fellow really has the surfer/hippie look going, but he's good!

nanboudreau said...

Shsun White is a gret guy too as well as being a great snowboarder. I like him tooand it seems he is #1 today.
Mom

nanboudreau said...

Seems I can't spell either LOL
And I do have a copy of the paper but not an extra one.
Mom