a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Google has been giving me a hard time

I have spent the past hour trying ot get into Blogspot, waht a waste of time and energy. Good thing I am not easily upset.
I did not go sewing today , we went shopping instead, I am still looking for my silk thread so we went out to Surrey and the shop there did not have any of my thread. But I did get a lovely pattern somewhat like a tiny shrug for our newest baby great granddaughter and a beautiful soft pink yarn. After I finish red sock number 2, I can start on the baby shrug.
We found another Bouilloire or kettle. I had one before that wore out, it was one in which the sides had a clear panel. Inside the panel it was blue except when the water started to boil and then it turned red. I loved that kettle and was sad when it was finished. I liked the white one but when we brought it home it was black so back to the store it goes tomorrow.
Also I bought a Canadian flag to put on my car window. I already have a Canucks one so now it is a flag on either side of my car. Not bad for an oldie LOL.
Sewing? One block. A 5 1/2" square of Hallowee'en fabric since there is so much left over and a 2 1/4" square on each corner. What are those called now?? Sew the corner square down the diagonal and press back toward the corner after cutting off the excess fabric from the back. Not a very good explanation LOL.
One last remark, at the shop today I asked the owner if they had the Hallowe'en fabrics on sale. She said we are not a discount shop!! Very snooty lady - I have had snide remarks from her before .

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Good for you in recovering your blog Nan.
The blocks you describe are surely called snowball blocks aren't they?
Set between nine patches they look terrific too.

Sandy in South Australia

nanboudreau said...

You are right Sandy , that's what the're called.
I don't know what i did to recover that blog but whatever it is fine. How are You doing?
Love
Nan