a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 21, 2010

cutting and pinning

Today I pinned and cut. The first cuts were 5.5 " squares of more Hallowe'en prints and then next cuts were 2 .25" squares of a dotted black print that would be pinned to the corners of the bigger blocks to make a Snowball block. Because I pin extensively to make certain that nothing moves it takes me a long time to prepare blocks for sewing. This took most of the afternoon and that was it for the day. I was very tired once again and had to take a rest. However I am happy to get that all done and to get all the small blocks cut and lined along the diagonal.
Also I set out about 25 appliqued heart blocks to see how they might look in a quilt and I was short one block and no more background fabric, so I need to be creative about that as I have no intention of not using 5 blocks and am not making a 5 by 5 quilt. Well maybe LOL.

We did not go out today but Mary left early and is still out having fun. Oh to be young and full of energy.
I finished that book that my sister called me about and was hiding under fabric. That was a very quick read as I started it last night and got it done this afternoon. That took up a bit of my day , not too much but add all of it together and you have a full day.
We watched a bit of the hockey game , bad for Canada and the because we felt lazy made cheese sandwiches for dinner. I had a grilled cheese and onion sandwich with sweet pickles and a V8. It was good. Ray made himself a plain cheese and onion one.
All is well , I need to take some photos of my blocks.

No comments: