a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, February 22, 2010

going to the movies

Mary and I went to see the romantic comedy When In Rome this afternoon.After buying a large bag of popcorn, extra butter and a bag of popcorn chicken with salt and vinegar plus a coke we set off into the theatre. We sat down in the front row as I am afraid to do the stairs in the semi darkness but that is fine with me and Mary never complains. We started in on the chicken, at least I did and then I helped Mary with the popcorn as she would never be able to eat it all herself LOL I loved the chicken and enjoyed the popcorn. I don't go to the movies often so I like to get that food when I do go.
Oh yes, the movie. It began with a young woman as curator of a big art show at the Guggenheim in New York City, an unrealistic exectation right at the start. Her sister meets a handsome Italian, oh he was gorgeous!! in first class and with in two weeks is getting married to him. So our star Kristen Bell, a phenominally beautiful young woman has to go to Rome in the middle of her big chance at the museum much to the total annoyance of her boss Anjelica Houston, nobody does it better..At the wedding she meets the best man Josh Duhamel and you know the rest, don't you. A fountani, four or was it five coins and a never ending love gone wrong. It was a bit romantic, a dead loss as a comedy in my opinion, way over the top in not funny. Danny de Vito as an uninspired man in love and Don Johnson as the father of the bride, good job Don.
But still the filming was beautiful and it whiles away an afternoon at the movies.
No sewing today , not even any drawing of lines on squares :>) But I did read since I have another book due on Friday . I'll finish it tonight and may even do a book revue of this book. Tomorrow it's off to my sewing day.
Night folks !!

No comments: