a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 28, 2010

back to norma lknitting and sewing

I almost forgot to write my blog for today. I was so excited about the end of the Olympics and wrting my last Digest that I forgot my original purpose which was to write a daily blog. I guess no more cute stories but I will be on the hunt for them.
i did do a piece of embroidery today a tea towel for a friend , another cappucino cup. It was a bit of a nuisance as the thread kept breaking. Sometimes the thread never breaks , others it breaks a lot. Must be the thread I think. Fairly obvious?haha. I have a lot of different threads that people have given me because they no longer embroider. One of my friends was dying of cancer and she gave me her threads before she went. She said she would not be using them again . I treasure them and think of her every time I use them.
I wasn't too happy about the quality of the towel though, it was too loosely woven for my liking. But I had to move on..Tomorrow I want to do another tea towel for the same friend.
My eyes are a bit better tonight but it won't take long for them to act up again so I won't be on the computer for long.
Knitting last night was a bust as I had made an error and had to take it back severa inches. Not a happy camper :>( It is a tiny baby shrug and should not be a problem
but it has little holes, YO bits and when I did the decreases it threw the pattern off. I wonder about pattern makers , couldn't it be made a little clearer. Oh well I will need to catch up tonight. Maybe I should go back to socks, I can do them blind folded. When I was young I could do the most difficult knit patterns with no problems. Time changes all things.

No comments: