a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, May 22, 2010

another great day

We took our company to Queen Elizabeth Park today and through the Observatory where we delighted in the parrots and some smaller birds. One very brave African Grey came down to the ground and was surrounded by many feet. He was completely at ease. I so wanted to pick him up as I have had lots of experience with parrots and fell in love with this little guy. But I refrained as I did not want to frighten him by coming on strong and of course I didn't want a bad bite either. I have had many of those from parrots and they are not fun. Under the dome was a magical land of tropical plant life, koi and birds. I love the many and varied kinds of Coleus resplendent in their gorgeous colours. But always the birds are my favourites...
Ray bought me a little shot glass with a bear's head coming out one side and his rear out the other. It is so funny but I cannot take a photo until I get another camera. SOON...
Lynn and Daniel went down into the garden but Ray and I did not climb down into what was once a gravel pit. We sat and watched the tourists take pictures. Then we had lunch at Seasons . It is a lovely restaurant, I thought they were serving lunch but apparently it is Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. That worked though.
I have been away from my sewing machines now for over a week and will be happy to get back to them. We have been out so much of the time that even cutting is not getting done and of course the ironing board has been put away for the same amount of time. Who misses their ironing board? WE DO!!
Good night ladies and gentlemen..

No comments: