a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 10, 2010

Sew Pink, Sew Pretty

Most of the pink hearts quilt is done except for the final larger border. The afternoon was busy sewing in the between strips ,between the hearts and between the rows. I have often wondered how some quilters are able to get a top done in one day. That is really beyond my skills. Maybe it is because I pin,pin, pin. It anyone out there can do this , make a top in an afternoon please tell me how. I worked all after noon doing the rows. And I put my machine on fast whereas usually it is on slow. Fast worked for me as I am getting quite proficient at butting the fabric up against the 1/4" edge of the foot. I had a good time sewing this so it was all worth the work.

My latest book is called Invisible Eden by Maria Flock. It took me ages to finish it. At first it seemd quite odd as I thought it was a work of fiction but the realized it was a real life mystery about the murder of a fashion editor Christa Worthington who was living in Cape Cod and was brutally murdered. I am not going to write a book report but suffice to say it took me quite a long time to read and in the end the mystery remained unsolved. Disappointing, I always want closure.
My iron worked well today . When I first bought this one just a short while ago it would not steam. Quite by accident I pressed the lever where the cleaning chamber was , lo and behold , steam started coming out . I am not a mechanic LOL.
Have a sew good day.....Stay healthy!

No comments: