a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

quilting bee

The day was gorgeous today, as a beautiful spring day in Vancouvercan be .
I went to my sewing groups today as is usual on Tuesday. I finished another appliqued butterfly. I use silk thread for my applique, it sinks so beautifully into the fabric with very little sign of the stitching. My preferred method of applique is the freezer paper method but I am sure that you already know that romrm previous blogs Todays butterfly is a nice print on the upper wings with small rose and blue flowers , the bottom wings are a shade of blue that matches the florals.
My sock knitting lessons continued , we reached the turning of the heel and picked up the stitches along the instep. So Betty Lu's homework for the next few weeks as I won't be available is to finish the decreases on the instep and knit down to the toe knuckle.
Then off to Community Quilts to entertain the troups...No more quilting since my eyes were tired and blurry. But it was a lot of fun. The decision was made that I knit socks for Lynn and Ione, Lynn quilts my quilts and Ione makes pies for Lynn. Do you think this is a fair trade? I complained and said I wanted a pie too so Ione is bringing me one tomorrow night at guild. See my dad always said the squeaking wheel gets the most grease LOL. He was a wise man...
Then three of us we went to Betty's for tea and cookies, a nice way to end a lovely day. It was AWESOME!! I hope yours was as good as mine.
Take care!

No comments: