a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, May 7, 2010

at last

Finally the napkin.

Cut a square, mine was 18 inches which made a nice luncheon napkin. Turn 1/4" over on all sides. Because I am not good a seeing a 1/4" I added quarter inch tape on all four edges, then turned it and pressed it down. Imagine my surprise when upon removing the tape it still stuck a bit making it very easy to keep the 1/4" perfect.





Next line up ruler at the edge of napkin along the 45' line keeping the point of the ruler at the corner as in the photo. The ruler's other edge will then be right down the centre from the corner ,draw a line on that edge. It will bisect the corner.



Measure down 2 inches from the corner on the drawn line. Line up the ruler on the centre line at 2" then draw a straight line from edge to edge as in the photo.



Now cut off the corner on the line you just drew.





Put the two cut sides together and sew from one edge to the other making a 1/8"
seam.



Turn the corner and clear the point with whatever you use to make the points sharp. I used this green thing I have had for years. Do all four corners in this manner.





All four corners are now turned, press the edges down and sew along the inside edge of the turned hem on the wrong side as you see in the photo.



Turn to right side and it is done. A beautiful professional looking table napkin and no rolled edge to do.



I would love to know if you try is one and how you like it. Now that my work on the blog is done, I plan to make more napkins.
Good luck to you all :>))

No comments: