a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 30, 2010

a day to forget

because it was a forgettable day LOL.
Apart from doing the housework and going to the bakery for bread I just sat in my chair reading mail and playing Solitaire. I thought about sewing but couldn't get up for it.
Now I am listening to the tryouts for singing the national anthems for the US and Canada. Some great singers believe me.
And I finised my book, The Devil's Queen, about Catherine De Medici who married King Henri of France,had quite a few children and eventually was stepmother to a very young Mary Queen of Scots. It was quite interesting. Remember the previous book I commented on about Diane de Poitiers, Henri's mistress? She showed up in this book too because of course it all took place at the same time period. This book was not quite as sympathetic to her as the previous one, naturally as this one did not feature de Poitiers. This book had quite a bit of magic and deceit in it as can be expected in the world of the French court. Nostradamus made an appearance as Catherine consulted him along with other astrologists. She was quite brilliant and considered to be the brightest person ever to sit on the Frendh throne. I liked it, very interesting, but then I do love the history of the Royal families of Europe and other nations.
I am going to look for another one in the library. I am thinking of The Borgia Bride by the same authour.
Hasta la vista. and good night.

No comments: