a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

shoulda took a picture

Today at Community quilts we made cushions and pillows for Emergency Aid Society which helps women and childfen in need of a place to sleep, who arrive there with nothing but the clothes on their backs. It is good to have a nice soft pillow in lovely fabrics to cuddle. So that was our work for the day. The organization wants a picture of the group making them and I had a camera with me too. Next week
At my other group I was helping Betty Lu with her socks. The stitches slipped off one of the needles , whoops, a nice mess to fix. I have fixed many dropped stitches in my life LOL.... On occasion I have been known to take back half a sweater if I have found a mistake . So one needle was not a problem except for the time it takes to knit them back up. Then we had a bit of a problem with the back of the heel, not the right number of stitches so back I went again. But in the end it all worked out okay.
We all learn from our mistakes is my theory. I do. I hope!
Betty Lu made my bag from the pattern and fabric I showed earlier on the blog. The picture will be up tonight. She loved the pattern so much she has made seven of them,came in with them all hanging fromher arms, another photo missed:>( and a lot of our group happily took them off her hands.LOL.
Still working on the *(&%^$ napkins, HA!! But I think I have it now. Ione set up a practice one with the directions on it and she showed me what to do. So if my brain is working I should be able to write the pattern. Mary no laughing :>) Mary is my friend in the community quilts group.
My new computer is ready for pick up tomorrow another ongoing saga like the napkins. I'll take a picture of it too .
Just in case!!
Bonne nuit de sommeil bien. Good night , sleep well...... :>)

No comments: