a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A whale of a tale

A whale in False Creek? What a tale that would be! But it is true. A grey whale has been seen in False Creek in the middle of Vancouver. From the name Creek you can tell it is a small inlet into the city . The distance allowable by law for a boat from a whale is 400 meters, not an easy thing to accomplish in a creek that you can easily see from one side to the other. But oh what excitement to have a whale up close and personal in the city. If you were having lunch at Bridges Restaurant you would have had a ring side view of the mature adult male grey whale. Things are never dull in our home city. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/whales/species/Graywhale.shtml LOOK here for some facts on Grey Whales....
I am waiting now for the laptop to be readied for use, all the data is being transferred. What another tale that has been!!
I am taking a course from Quilt University on Machine Quilting, sometimes I feel like a dunce , sometimes I don't. It takes me a while to peruse the infromation and to find all the information I need to know. But finally I think I have all the bits put together for the first lesson and found the things I need to have for the second lesson. Sounds like a church reading LOL> I just hope I can find the time to get it all done. It seems that every day is so full but we'll see how that goes. Cheer me on folks!!
Time for a nap LOL>
Have a great day.

No comments: