a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lesson on tea cosies

Kathy and I had a really good lesson tonight at Tom's. It was a class on how to make a tea cozy. Tom had us make an inner cozy from the pattern usihg that fabric that has insulate on one side, we cut two pieces of insulate and 2 pieces of muslin, put them together with an edging stitch around them to stop any ravelling that could occrt , then sewed them together to make a cozy. Then we added a single binding areound the bottom edge.
Then as Tom says we did the fun part. Another 2 cuts of muslin from the template but an added 3/4 " on the bottom. Then we took our precut strips and starting in the middle sewed them arranged on the muslin . I am not going to go into all the details tonight except it was fun as Tom said. I did not get mine finished but got the one piece completed . I'll get it all done at home this month.
We are having company soon and I will be busy entertaining for then next two weeks.
I got a letter from my granddaughter tonight inviting us to her graduation from Grade 12. She has been an excellent student her whole school career and a young lady to be proud of.
I am really tired now as it is late so this will be a short blog.
Sleep well I am sure I will

No comments: