a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quilt guild tonight

I got my Rhubarb Pie! Ray is very happy to have it since he loves Rhubarb. Sohe was happy. Ione made it for him as I mentioned yesterday. She keeps her word :>)) Thanks Ione.
Just added a few photos from show and tell....
Before the guild Kathy picked me up and we went for dinner with Barb and Judy as we do each month. It was a good time. Thanks for the ride Kathy.
Interesting programme tonight at the guild, all about quilting programmes such as EQ7 and Quilt Pro as well as the many add on or stand alone programmes associated with them. I have had EQ before but they were not easy for me to do, very frustrating so I gave up on EQ despite the many people I hear from who love them. So I bought Quilt Pro to do the job I wanted for the guild web site and the guild newsletter. Now that I no longer have that job I don't use the program at all. However the new add ons I found interesting if you want a specific technique such as Mariner's Compass, Strip Piecing which is a new add on from Quilt Pro and is only $29.95 , or Paper piecing. You don't have to buy a whole programme but just what you want to use at that time. The presenter certainly knew what she was talking about , had lots of information and had slides to go along with her presentation. So if you were interested in that topic it would be good for you.
It has been a long day and I am quite tired so I'll call it a day or night :>))
Be careful driving at night!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You're welcome Nan. I had a good evening too. Yvonne was a good speaker.