a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 9, 2010

sew many hearts

I had fun today sewing strips on my heart blocks and then sewing rows of hearts together. Of course I did have to take some stitches out but then I always do so that is nothing new. They are looking nice though. I was short a block to appliqued another heart. It is just a plain set as the quilt is for our newest great granddaughter. Tomorrow I'll take photos and put them on the blog. Very pretty in pink, I understand that lots of you do not like pink but I love it.
I spent many weeks appliqueing thhese hearts at my Tuesday group. We just do hand work there as there are no machines. Also I plan to cut out some more applique pieces for the butterlies that I am now doing on Tuesdays.
I did not see any of my family today for Mother's Day. Of my 5 sons, one was stuck in London, a victim of the volcanic ash, another was in the air travelling from Rhode Island to Louisiana , he called when he arrived home and we had a good chat, The third was in Calgary Alberta on business and called from there, the fourth was in Edmonton, Alberta and forgot to call but then he calls nearly every week. The fifth called but he is not really a fan of visiting. My grandson called from Penticton and my granddaughter called from Victoria, so many of them were away somewhere. My other granddaughter wrote to tell me she had been chosen to play her saxophone in the youth jazz band in our nation's capital Ottawa, a great honour. We are proud of her.
Ray and I went out for lunch and we each bought a new jacket. Mine was to go with the pants I bought a couple of weeks ago and had decided to make it a set, so now I have two suits for the summer.
We are watching CSI New York. I like Mac. This one is about a man who was in Auswich in WW2. I am always interested in that war as I was a child at the period in history and it formed my thoughts for life. My dad ws in WW1 so that too is an interest of mine.
Have a good night folks. Keep well.

No comments: