a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, November 15, 2013

It is upon us

This afternoon has some more lovely things to do. The first is a Christmas stocking to hang on the mantlepiece for Christmas morning. 

http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---charming-stockings-by-penny.htm




And here is a beautiful Log Cabin centerpiece for the Christmas table. The colours are gorgeous.



Who knew that this is cozy for a mug. I was looking for a mug rug and came across this.  It is not something I really like but maybe a child would enjoy it.


This is interesting and could make for some great quilting.
a tutorial on how to machine quilt with pearl cotton
13 Spools: How to machine quilt with pearl cotton

Ray and I went to Safeway this noontime to take in his Desert Sand as he calls his medicine that helps control his kidneys and help eliminate kidney stones.
We sat at the Starbucks in the store for a coffee and a cookie.
Then we had to go up to the library to return my books and to pick up three new ones. I only take out three books at a time. The take out time is three weeks so that is one book a week. In between these books I usually read others as well. 
We had to go to the post office to mail some items and then into out little mall where we saw Marg. We picked up a few things at the store there and then came home.
It was an awful day weatherwise, heavy rain and wind with gusts that were pretty strong. 

When we got home I took out my embroidery machine and all the other stuff that had been put away for the past two years.   It took quite a while. Then I needed to check out my embroidery sticks to see if they were still okay and they were. I was able to put my new designs on one of them. 
However the embroidery machine was not working properly so I'll have to take it in to Tom to have him check it all out. It is about time anyway. I was hoping to be able to embroidery some towels today but it is not to be. Another day. 
I just called Tom's and the lady on the phone said 5 to 7 days to get it serviced. It has never taken that long for me to get my machine looked at before.  I hope it will be 5 days not 7.
I'll ask Ray to take me there tomorrow.
So that was our day. Our evening just consists of reading, TV watching, computering and knitting. Not necessarily in that order nor doing all in one evening.

A way to make hour glass units. 
http://nickelquilts.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/sweet-land-of-liberty-and-hourglass-units/


Such beautiful china, blue is a very classy colour. Wouldn't you enjoy a cup of tea from this set?


And this tap and bowl in blue is just beautiful.  My bathroom is  painted blue and this would be so classy in there.  It a bathroom can be classy . But we try!

Hmm something is not quite right here. LOL.

Now this is the way to relax in the sun. I smile when I look at these happy guys.

Spaghetti dinner, nice.

Machines of the 2000s and the last of the series of 4.  Computers and all.


Wow this is a beauty. I love it. Hope someone will make it for the Christmas decorations.


Eat up boys, this is so funny.


Happy 65th Birthday to Prince Charles. Now he can get his old age pension .


And that is it for tonight folks.
Have a wonderful evening.

Good night.






























No comments: