a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, November 9, 2013

more mug rugs

http://bit.ly/1b7IFaW

This mug rug is just in time to make for American thanksgiving. And for we Canadians we can make it for next Thanksgiving in October 2014.  He is is a saucy little turkey don't you think?

I don't have a lot to say today but we did go out to do our grocery shopping at Price Mart and then at Safeway to pick up my medications from the pharmacy as well as to buy a few items for sandwiches. We like the bakery buns and cold meats. 
I wish we had picked up some dessert but we seldom have dessert so didn't think of them. Good thing I say!

Jim and Ray went out to pick up some of the plastic baseboard for the bathrooms as well as 4 light bulbs  for the light fixture. I sure hope they bought more wattage than what was in there. I think it was 25 watts. Jim just said they bought 40 watts. Good!! My vision is not all that good any more and I need good light.
Not that I actually need that much light to use that small bathroom. I need more light though to fix my face in the morning. More of everything LOL.
JimRay


I tried to have a little nap while Ray and Jim were out but somehow that is not working too well for me. The phone rings and wakes me up.
My son Matthew wrote a moving editorial in his local newspaper about Remembrance  Day. It was excellent. He is a wonderful writer just as Richard is.  Their father had a way with words too.


This one makes me laugh.

And so does this one, Charlotte must have been eating her Hallowe'en candy.


 

Adam was not here today as he and Sam spent the day together. They golfed and it seems to me that the weather held off for them.
I hope to see them tomorrow and hopefully Peter will come over too. He has just gotten home from Geneva.  It will be great to see him. Then I will have seen all 5 of my boys this month.


    I made this stitchery way back when for my stepdaughter who was married at the time to a Spaniard. That has since gone the way of many things but the stitchery remains.  I love this piece. I used to do different kinds of stitchery before I began quilting.  This one is needlepoint.

An unusual couple LOL. Give me a kiss love.


 Rub a dub deb three dogs on a bed.  This is a full house.

Anyway I am done for the night.
Have a nice evening.

Good night.










No comments: