a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

mantle deco


This mantle is so cute, it would look  wonderful on your Christmas fireplace mantle.

My sons all left today . Peter and Judith came over, he had been in Geneva.  Jim left to spend the night with Peter and Judith. They live right near the border and Jim is going to Los Angeles tomorrow.  
And I forgot to take pictures again. I am so mad at myself.  Judith Can you take a photo of you and Peter for my blog.

Speaking of blog. Last night I told you about a letter I got. Today I received a letter that said it was a big mistake and the letter  should have gone to a family member of anonymous.  Thank you for the apology Anonymous.

Adam is leaving by plane tomorrow to go back to Lisa and Louisiana.  It was wonderful to have him here with us. 
He told me I did not have to get sick to have my children visit me LOL. Good joke.

I don't plan on going to sewing tomorrow but certainly will next week. Betty called tonight to see if she needed to set out a tea cup for me tomorrow. LOL.  I could bring one as I have a lot of them  but who brings a tea cup to a tea party.

I was exhausted after the family left and lay down for about an hour. That gave me a bit of extra energy.

Remembrance Day today. Matthew was a speaker for the day in Richmond. Adam met up with him after the service to visit. Matthew loves to talk about his grandpa, my dad.  He loved my dad. He was Matthew's hero when he was young.  Dad took Matthew and Jim with him every morning to have a milk and doughnut at Strawberry Lane. No longer there after 50 years. Now a bank sits on that site.


I bought this mug rug pattern today , hope to get at it tomorrow . 
The snowman is really adorable and I love the blues. Hope my stash yields some nice blues. It has been a long time since I searched through it.
My cleaning lady came today. Her sons and other close family members are in the Phillipines. She is very  upset as they were in the worst of the storm. All survived but the homes were gone. Terrible situation.



http://sewlux.blogspot.com/2012/07/tutorial-textured-tree-with-ruffles.html   
Here is a cute Christmas Tree with ruffles.


Pretty isn't it.

Funny place to sleep, I wonder what this little mousie is on, looks like a cotton ball to me.



More Christmas tree but this one is more tailored than the ruffly one.

I am signing off for tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
Good night.















No comments: