a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, November 25, 2013

what day is it?

Today is Monday. We were to have lunch with Sam but he called to say he was quite sick and had to cancel. Ray took the call. I was still in bed sleeping. Ray said Sam sounded really bad, poor guy. He said we would have to reschedule at some point. Ray's birthday is coming up and Sam is good about seeing him at that time. We have missed Sam's birthday completely. I don't like that but sometimes life interferes. Apparently lots of people are sick right now. I hope we stay healthy. We both get flu shots and pneumonia shots which in past years has kept us well.

I have spent some of the time that Lynn is here looking through my binders for a pattern I want but no luck. It has disappeared. Maybe Kathy has it. It is the pattern for the casserole holder. I didn't get mine finished in class, never do. I am such a slow worker that I seldom get things finished in time. Or never- but I would like to get this done since it is almost finished. I could go to Tom's for help.I'll talk to Ray about taking me.  The fabric is wonderful and it seems like such bad economy to leave it unfinished.
Nice bit of cloth eh!


No going out today for me as Lynn is here to clean and vacuum. I like to have a day at home. I thought I had another white towel to do my embroidery and I did but it had a monogram on it. Darn I was not happy about that so my embroidery for today had to wait for another day. 


http://sewing.about.com/od/bowsandribbonshowtos/ss/bow_6.htm http://www.save-on-crafts.com/how-to-make-a-floral-bow.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_2211243_make-multi-loop-bow.html

These bows are timely for the season and all the wrapping you have to do.
Isn't this a lovely table runner. Appliqued in three different designs. I love it. 

Marg came over this afternoon for a visit and we chatted for a long time. It was good. I forgot to take a picture. She has lost quite a bit of weight and looks great. 

I enjoy the geometry of this quilt .But I can't find the pattern.  Still it is good to look at.

I found it, things are kind of funny some days.
Ray and Nan at the party Saturday night. Last one LOL.

Who wouldn't love these big blue eyes.

Surrounded by dog love. And isn't she a happy looking woman.

Lovebirds. These are an unusual colour ,some kind of a mutation in the genes. I wonder if that will carry on to the next generation.

That's it for tonight folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night.




















No comments: