a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

sleepytime

I had a sleepy morning today. Didn't get up for some time and was a bit sleepy still. However as the day wore on I was more awake. Now I am just fine. Ray is napping now for a short bit. He was out shopping earlier in the afternoon. As we age we become more like the children we were at a much earlier age. Naps become important LOL.

But I have not done anything useful today other than make the bed, we never leave the beds unmade as it makes the place look so messy.

I hope to be able to get out tomorrow and on Thursday we are meeting Bob and Buzz for lunch. I am looking forward to that. I have a couple of books to pass on to Buzz.  Marg and my books sure get around. Marg will give me the books she has read and I pass them on to Buzz. I am sure she passes them on too but I must ask her. Marg passes on my books too I know. We are all great at sharing. I found a book at London Drugs I want to buy so maybe we can do that when we go out tomorrow. 

I am eating cashews as I write today, For some reason I think they may be fattening so I had better stop with the eating. 

Once again not too much to write when I stay in but I do want to remark on the terrible forest fires up north of Edmonton in Fort MacMurray.  The pictures on TV show an intense fire and a dreadful situation in northern Alberta. The town of Fort MacMurray is aflame. It is such a scary situation for the people of Fort MacMurray and for anyone else who lives in  northern Alberta. It is anyone's guess how far it will spread. I so admire firefighters who do  such a dangerous job and who are so brave in the face of terror. What can be worse . Fire itself frightens me, it is so unpredictable. I pray for their safe return  to their families.

I talked to my Richard today, He is amazing . The way he lives with ALS and how he still does so much of what he wants to do is so admirable. I admire him greatly. He has a wonderful spirit and is very brave.
Matthew was here this morning, he comes to help us when we need help. He is going to take Ray to St. Paul's . He is good that way and in all ways. Thank you Matthew.

I am coughing quite a bit and my throat hurts from it. I hope it all goes away soon.

Wow that's a lot of writing for someone who did not go out LOL.

Have a great evening everyone.











  

No comments: