a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 1, 2010

BINGO- Quilting group game and sewing

Haha I won the Fat Quarter Bingo on my QW2S-FQBingo group for the second time this year. I have been very lucky on this group , won quite a few times, enough so that I felt guilty and stopped playing for a while. The FQs are cartoon fabrics this time. Cute , I can hardly wait to get them.
Another good day for Walmart. We went for a few things and came home with over $200 worth of goods. Oh well no need to go again for a couple of months. We used to say Walmart was a $100 trip but the last couple of trips have been way more than that. Are their prices going up? Or are we buying more. And no clothing either, the tops are so thin now that I don't think I'll buy from them any more. I have some great ones that I liked so much I bought all the colours , they aren't in the store any more. I'll have to change suppliers LOL.
We went to McDonald's for Chicken McNuggets I love them with barbecue sauce.
Ray is making a model of the MAyflower and it has eight sails. The project came with just a piece of fabric and a pattern. Ray didn't know what to do with it so he sked me to help him out. We pinned the patterns to the fabric and cut around them, then folded over the seam allowance which was marked so I knew where to stitch. Very small SA,about 1/8" so I had to sew very close to the outer edge of the sail. It took me a good part of the afternoon because I had to heavy pin it, my glue did not work. Why is it that Glue doesn't ever work once you have opened the bottle other than for the first time LOL. However it is done and my husband who never, ever says anything remotely romantic , not in 33 years stunned me by saying I like you!!
Amazing! I was stunned. He also said it is a good thing we have that sewing machine isn't it. He fought long and hard trying to get me to NOT buy it. He never apologizes either and that was one in a way.
Two good things today.

No comments: