a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 25, 2010

a family event tomorrow

I have done 2 more embroideries today. We took the car to the garage for servicing,spent too much time on this slow computer, went to dinner at the Swiss Chalet, had chicken, baked potato and sour cream, talked to my grandson who is in town from Louisiana, took our income tax to the accountant and sat there while she figured it all out and talked to the computer tech about my laptop which he says has started shutting itself off as well as the other things that are wrong.I suggested to him if it were that bad maybe he should replace it rather than fix it. He had that thought himself but needs to do a bit more checking, so we'll see what happens. If he decides to replace the mother board it will take two weeks because he has to order it and of course it will have to come from Toronto, everything does :>(( I am already unhappy about not having it.
I still have one more embroidery to do before tomorrow night when I go to potluck with my teacher friends. That will be all my friends have an embroidered tea towel. What to make next ??
It will be very busy tomorrow too, the foot doctor at 10:30, the family doctor at 11:40 to renew prescriptions, meet grandson for lunch at 1:00 and go to my pot luck at 5:15. I'll be late getting home. But a good night's sleep always perks me up :>))
Aaron , my grandson is here because his beloved aunt on his mother's side is dying of pancreatic cancer. It is such a horrible disease, my sister's husband died of it three years ago. We were at the hospital with her twice a day so I know how that is. Despite the tragedy of Barb's situation it will be good to see him again, it has been a while.
When family is so far away it is not very often that we get to see them. This year will be good though as all the family in Louisiana is coming up in August so that will be two visits this year and if we go down there in the fall it makes three!!!
Enough of my life, but this is about my life isn't it? It is a good life :>))
Have a good sleep .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, Adam is in La. Who is it that is quite ill ? I am lost when it comes to who who in families. You are a busy lady.. Jean

Dequilter said...

I refuse to give up this is my 4th attempt.

Dequilter said...

I still see 0 comments so I don't know whether my 3 comments is getting through. dequilter