a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, March 12, 2010

great visit today

My friend and former principal took me out for lunch today . He has been working in San Jose California for the past 5 years so it has been a while since we have even seen each other except on Facebook. He had some great stories to tell and we talked for 2 hours. We alwasy talk politics, religion, economy, what our friends are doing, anything and everything. It was as if 5 years had been 5 days. He is a very clever , well educated and interesting friend. I have valued his friendship over the years.
I have thought long and hard about the internet and how we spend so much time on it and on our e mail lists with our internet friends most of whom we will never see. My conclusion is that there is no replacement for a face to face visit with an old and valued friend. In my life I have had the good fortune to meet many of my e mail friends face to face as I love to travel by car , my son Jim has taken me on many automobile trips. So I have been very fortunate. ..but I think we need to take time off from the computer to spend time with friends and family. So if your husband says let's go out, Go Out!! :>))
There were a few things to take care of when I got home since we have applied for a Nexus pass which will make it easier to get across the Canada/US border without having to wait in huge long line-ups. We made the appointments for our interviews and I had to get some things together to take with us. So next week we cross the border to see the US customs agents for the interview. It will be exciting. After that we go to the airport here to get our irises done and then we won't need to wait in the long line-ups at the airport. Oh that will be wonderful!!
My sewing machine is still in hiding as our company will be here again in a couple of days. So this week is a pass for sewing I am afraid. And I do want to get at it.
Maybe I will take one of the machines out tomorrow to feed my need.
So knitting will be the "cause du jour" for the evening. Now what will it be, baby sweater, one of my sock patterns, dish cloths. I still am not happy with the wool I purchased. Even though one sock is half way done I am still having second thoughts about it. I probably won't decide until one sock is complete, then if I decide it is not right for me I'll just unravel the sock and give that yarn away.
That is it for tonight.
Have a good one!!

No comments: