a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 22, 2010

My garden

Yesterday I had a bad time as you know with my embroidery, today was a bit better . I did get my project finished despite that fact that there were lots of things wrong with it but all fixable. I started this design around 1:45 and finished it mostly by 5:00. After dinner I fixed the bad parts.
It is a 2 part design A and B, so it was a challenge for me. I did what I usually do and that is adjust the design for the center. If you ever do a 2 part embroidery design don't do that as the machine does not adjust the second part, part B and you know you can never make the right adjustment afterwards, ever!!
So when I finished it there were white gaps where the design was off. The fix is to find the correct size satin stitch and do that in the white spots. One could never tell unless you knew it was there.
I am happy with the outcome. The photo is very yellow , so the towel is yellow too, but is really a very nice cream colour. I will give it to my friend tomorrow. There is always a way to get things done, as The Bruce observed when watching the spider; If at first you don't succeed , try, try, try again.
My laptop is in the hospital. It has been doing some very strange things so it will be Friday before I can bring it home. I feel lost without it and have to come upstairs to the PC. Thank goodness I have this one as well as the laptop. Don't we become very attached to our toys.
Ray had to go for a root canal in his wisdom tooth. He at 72 still has all his teeth including the 4 wisdon teeth. This is the second root canal this month.
Bon nuit. Sleep well.

No comments: