a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

stitching and stitching :>))

I'll bet you thought I was going to say something else LOL. I had such a great day at my quilting groups today. First I went to the group at the church where we had some lively discussions about the Olympics. We were all so happy about it and some of us were actually volunteers for the whole event.Not me though! They had great stories to tell but the one I like the best was this one. Heather and a friend were standing in front of the Russian van which was emblazoned with ads for the Winter Games that are to take place in Sochi Russia in 2014. There were two men standing off to the side , one of whom was wearing a red and white Olympic jacket. She asked if he would stand with them for a photograph and he grudgingly agreed. After the picture was taken she asked him what his "Sport" was. Was he annoyed as he was the famous Evgeni Plushenko who had been bested by the American Evan Lysacek and was very unhappy to be unrecognized by the ladies.
Another said that all the skaters performed their skate programme the day before the event. When Plushenko arrived for his practice session he just stood on the ice and posed and poatured , did not practice just posed. Pretty arrogant I'd say and he did not win the Gold. Again he ws very unsportsmanlike dissing Lysacek for not being a man because he did not do the quad jumps.
Oh and I said that there would be no more Olympics but it was a big part of our sewing today.
I did sew though on my appliqued butterflies. I finished the purple one today and started the yellow one. The pink and green butterflies are finished already.
Then it was off to Community Quilts . the friend I make the socks for said one of her friends asked her, What do I have to do to get a pair of socks knit for me " LOL I have no idea but she will have to stand in line.LOL
Then I went to see my 85 year old friend who has had pneumonia.. but is feeling better now.
C'est fini mes amies. Bon soir!

No comments: