a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, March 27, 2010

friends old and new

Life is so much richer with friends, old friends, new friends but the old friends are so much a part of you and your experience. The potluckers of last night have been together since the 70s so we share a long history and have a lot of fun and good times to call upon. Since we are all teachers or retired teachers there is so much to talk about, children to discuss and problems to solve, not all the children are problems :>) many adults fall into that category LOL. So last night we found solutions for all the issues LOL, don't we all solve the world's problems when we come together.
When quilting friends sit around a table we talk about patterns, threads, quilting designs, fabrics and batting. We help each other sandwich our own quilts on the church tables making our backs less vulnerable to pain as we share the task. We bring our quilting books and magazines to the table. I have a book that I brought to my Tuesday group , it had just a few patterns but lovely designs and pictures .One friend said, " Who would pay $25 for that Book"?
"I would" I called out,"it is mine" and we all had a good laugh over that small difference of opinion. One lady in that group I have known since she was 4 years old , now in her 70s.
I love her for her great quilting skills and her loveliness of spirit which I so appreciate.
I have seriously old friends from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and all my newer ones from the 90's. I count myself the most fortunate of women :>)
Some of the oldest ones are now in trouble from the effects of dementia and is is sad to see that but I cherish the special times we had together in our youth..
I called a dear friend in Delaware tonight and we had a great chat. Phones, e mail, facebook, photos,cards are ways to share ourselves with friends.
Life and friendships are so good, don't let any of that slip away from you.
Off my soapbox for tonight. Pictures to come :>))

No comments: