a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 21, 2010

yesterday good, today bad

Sometimes you have such a good day and everything comes together beautifully and the next day it all goes wrong.
Today I started a new embroidery on a brand new towel. It is a two stage design with an A part and a B part, a new technique for me so I thought I was especially careful before I started, WRONG!! :>(
It is supposed to begin with the A part, reasonable isn't it. You'd think:>)) I noted that the colours seemed to be off but on my machine the colours are alwasy off and I need to have a print out of the colour chart. So when the colour said sunflower instead of blue green I paid no attention. Shortly I noticed that not only was the colour correct but I had started on the B part of the design. It was not far into the design so I figured it could be embroidered over.
Back to part A and the leaves in green, that was right but the leaves were not exactly what was in the print out. I thought maybe it would be okay. Way into the stitchout I realized it was sewing the design I had done last. WHAT!! Yes what! I was really puzzled for a bit. Then I went into the edit programme, it looked okay but this machine is really bad at what it shows. I noticed a very small part of my previous design under the one I was sewing or so I thought,and knew then that my machine was stitching out that design , the one in the back. So out went that towel sad to say. However I seldom make big mistakes like that and if I had not been so absorbed in the 2 part design I may have observed what was going on. However all is well and I have learned something today and it is; nothing is a complete loss :>))
Tomorrow I'll try again, one lesson I have learned is to take a rest if things go wrong and let it all settle down.
Good Evening folks.

No comments: