a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, March 5, 2010

gorgeous day

Oh what a gorgeous day, sun shining, trees blossoming and flowers blooming, makes for one beautiful day and one that makes me happy.
Right now I am having a cup of tea and a small piece of beautiful white cake filled with some type of raspberry jam and covered in whipped cream-mmm delicious. That is supper...We had a big lunch at IHOP more stuff my doctor would not be proud of me for eating, corned beef hash, they have the best at IHOP. eggs, hash browns and pancakes. Good thing I couldn't eat it all but it was so good. Fasting tomorrow LOL.
We went to Richmond this morning to buy some fabric for sashing, borders and backing for my latest heart quilt that I plan to give to the newest baby who was born last October. Our great grandchildren always get their quilt within the first year. That is the very best I can do LOL.
Then I had to go back to Michael's as I thought I had bought the wrong yarn for socks but no it was the right yarn. Totally wasted trip. We had to go and pick up a parcel at the post office . It was the latest Robert Bateman print from the Show of Hearts where anyone who donated $169 received the print. We have bought one for the past 4 years. The first one was of Otters and we gave that one to Sam our grandson when he bought a new house. We still have the Polar Bears and the Siberian tiger. This year it is a sleeping Snow Leopard. These prints are so gorgeous, that word again. See it was a gorgeous day!!
I went to the library too and took out three books , a Sidney Sheldon, one on Louis X1V and another mystery, but then isn't all of life a mystery? Ha that is my homily for today "Life is a Mystery", never to be solved. That is what makes life so much fun.
I finished the back of that baby sweater finally but am taking a rest from it and casting on the stitches for the purple socks. It will be a good night!!
Tomorrow I will sew the squares on the squares of the snowball blocks.
And I need to wash the fabric and cut it for the heart quilt.
Buenos noches amigas !!

2 comments:

dequilter said...

Hi Nan,I enjoyed your blogs. I was going to call you this morning but see it is only 9AM there in Canada. I cannot believe you have trees in bloom. We have nothing but dreary brown trees and shrubbery. Today it is suppose hit 50 finally. Love the teapots and Halloween wall hanging.I am still in a funk . Sam bought me the ereader from Barnes and Noble , it is called the Nook. I don't really read but wanted to. I received it Feb.3rd and have read 3 books so far. I am enjoying it. With regular books when I see how thick the book is it defeats me. Well, will talk later. Love, Jean

nanboudreau said...

Dear Jean, I hope your funk disappears pretty soon :>))
It is so good that you found a way to read books with your e reader. Books are a great way to change the way you feel.
Thanks for commenting.
Love
Nan