a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 4, 2010

sign in

I noticed that there are quite a few people reading my blog . If you have an extra please minute make a comment and I will respond to it :>) Thank you!!! And if you don't want to comment thank you so much for reading :>)))
The embroidery machine was working today stitching out a tea pot.
It was not my intention to embroider a tea pot I wanted to do a lovely coffee mug, another one different than the previous two, but the image on my machine is not very clear so I did a tea pot instead LOL. Some things just don't work the way you want them to. Still it is a nice image and my friend won't be unhappy I don't think.
Tomorrow I'll do the coffee mug.
We went wool shopping at Michael's this morning and bought some lovely purple yarn to make socks for another friend on my list. Her cats will love them LOL... I bought Softee again , I like this yarn as it is so soft. Funny thing some yarns hurt my feet which have neuropathy in them and need to be tenderly take care of. The Softee is really nice to wear, I love my grey ones.
The baby sweater is going into the pending file for a while haha!! And the 5 needles for socks are coming out again ... I used to use 4 kind of metal needles to make socks but a friend convinced me to try 5 bamboo needles. They work really well , it does take a bit of getting used to the 5 needles and to finger knit the stitches onto the needles instead of knitting them on with the needles in the old way that my mom taught me. Still not quite coinvinced that it is the best way to do it. Whoops wrong again, I have to use the four needles for the Softee , and use 5 b 2 1/5 mm bamboo needles for the thinner yarn .
Gotta go , The Mentalist is on right now.
Bye!!

No comments: