a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where do things go

I ask you, how do things just disappear. My mom used to say Mr. Nobody took things or did things in our home, LOL so I guess he still lives in my house. Today I wanted a poem about The Forsythia Bush to go along with the photo I took with my camera and also misplaced . No poem, no photo!! No Blog? Of course not.
I need another topic for discussion... This is it , serependipity - the act of stumbling upon something good while looking for something one can't find. That seems to fit at least the part about not finding. The good luck portion of the meaning is I bought a new magazine today. I had not intended to purchase The Love of Quilting for a while because I have bought it for some time and am finding that there isn't much I wanted to do but this one jumped out at me because it offered a CD in the plastic sleeve. Come on now, who needs another CD, especially about 50 quilting TIPS but I got suckered into buying it. It is so easy to charm me LOL. Two quilts about using some lovely panels for the centre of a quilt, I am becoming very interested in panels as a quick and pretty way of making a quilt. I just did a lovely little baby quilt for a newborn boy, with boats and things nautical, just had to add two borders, fun and easy and the mom loved it. And I have ordered a beautiful dinosaur panel which I will get this week . No idea who to give it to as there are no little ones at the moment to give it to. Maybe I'll keep it for myself LOL. I do that a lot.
So I am asking , what happened to piecing?
Well piecing did happen here today on the snowball blocks. got them all pinned, some of them sewn and now I am out of the black dotted fabric. But I have some nice black on black which I think would work around the edges of the quilt. There is more than one way to skin a cat :>))
There will be no photo and no poem tonight, not that that will upset too many people LOL
Remember I picked up three books at the library yesterday? My sister came over this afternoon and brought another book for me to read. It never rains but it pours.:>)
My eldest son is 56 today and he retired yesterday. Congratulations Adam ((()))
So it is time to make socks..
Good night folks!! AH English LOL

No comments: