a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 11, 2010

new clothes and fabric

My goodness but we had snow today, just a bit but it did stay on the ground. Where was the snow when we really needed it when the Olympics were here.
I had a need to spend today so I went to Sears and bought myself another cardigan, white this time, a lovely gray suit and a mixed colour top with pictures of Paris on it. I am happy with my loot. :>) When spring is around the corner I always want to buy new clothes.
This afternoon I did 3 loads of washing and while the machines were working "hehe", I relaxed and watched Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive. I have never seen it before and sure enjoyed the movie. Aren't we so fortunate to be able to kick back and watch a movie from our living room chairs.
My son Adam and wife Lisa went over to Sechelt this morning so we had the day to ourselves. Poor Ray had to go to the dentist but I had a good time. :>)
I did think about sewing but that was all, so I took pictures of my fabric... does that count as sewing LOL. Tomorrow it has to be washed before it can be cut and stitched.
This was the night Kathy and I were to go to our sewing/quilting class but she is very sick and I do not want to cross the bridge when it is dark and wet, as my eyes are not that good these days, so here I am at home. Next month we'll be able to go. This class sounded way too easy anyway. Both Kathy and I could "give" this class so it is no biggie to miss it.
The Paralympics started today,with the cauldron being lit by Roberto Luongo. Opening Ceremonies are tomorrow night. What amazing athletes in these Olympics, if you have some free time, take the time to watch them. Too bad the Paralympics were not paired with the Winter Games . After two weeks the enthusiasm has died down. I think there needs to be some changes made in when these Paralympics are held. At least they have snow :>)) There must be lots of it up on the mountains. We could see the snow on them this morning and there was some on the cars this morning too. It looks so beautiful when the snow is up on the mountains. Too bad my camera won't take photos that far away even with the zoom. You'll just have to take my word for it !!
Buona Sera!!

2 comments:

Miss M said...

You got that owl fabric I liked! :D

nanboudreau said...

I DID!!
And if there is any left you can have it but i don't think there will be .
love
G