a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 29, 2010

a strange day

When did retailers stop doing things for customers. I took my special three gold (yellow gold,white gold and pink gold)bracelet in to a jeweller to have it repaired as one link was broken. The retailer asked if I had bought it there and I hadn't. She said they could not fix it because if something else happened to it they might be sued. What!!! In Canada!! I don't think so. Ray said we might trip over it LOL. But she absolutely refused to help us. We went down a ways to another jeweller and he said no problem, that will be $40, Fine!! We told him what had happened at the other store just down the mall and he was as stunned as we were.
Ray ordered his new glasses this morning $650 but with his eyes as they are with Macular Degeneration it is necessary that he have good glasses so we bit the bullet. We have had to bite a lot of bullets lately...big bills!!
We checked out the state of my laptop but they tech could not tell us what they plan to do with it. Yyesterday we were told they would replace it so we have to wait for that man to come to work :>) Life's like that Hurry up and Wait.
Ray bought me a cute little watch just an inexpensive one and for his daughter he bought a froggie alarm clock since she loves frogs.
My dear friend Gail who loves Jane Austen and reads her books over and over has me convinced to try one since I have never read Jane Austen just watched the movies on TV. The one I purchased is Mansfield Park- not as well known as Emma and Pride and Prejudice. But that works for me.
Later folks!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nan you will love Mansfield Park! Yes I have worn out a couple Pride and Prejudice books now. They are so good! Love her style of writing!
your friend Gail in Arizona

nanboudreau said...

I haven't had time to start it yet Gail, I am reading The Secret Wife of Louis XIV
Madame de Maintenon. Interesting.It si next on my list but I am wondering if the style is too old fashioned for me. I hope not.
Love
Nan