a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 7, 2010

ribbit,ribbit

What's it all about Alfie, I can't think of aything to write tonight, my mnd is a blank. well that's nothing new :>)
We always do our housework on Sundays so maybe that is why I have nothing to say. Housework is so mind boggling isn't it. I think I forgot some of it, definitely did not dust upstairs LOL> Still on one of my e mail lists the members are going on about the nostalgia of ironing, sprinkling the clothes with a bottle and shaker top and washing in a wringer washing machines. Thank goodness they didn't go on about washing on washboards. I did not enter into the conversation as I have done all those things and was almost euphoric when I got an automatic washer and dryer LOL, well I did have 5 sons 6 years of age and under at the time. Sorry if anyone on that list is reading this,I get it but am not with you on this :>)
Ribbit is ripping out stitches. Although I finished sewing the corners on my squares, squaring them off and cutting off the extra fabric on the corners , I still had to take out some of the corners because they were not quite right. since the fabrics on some of the blocks are black and the corners are dotted black it is hard for me to see it well . But most of them were okay, I was happy about that.
Is there something about getting old that makes you not want to cook. I could go out every day for dinner if I could afford it. Not that I was ever very interested in cooking , haven't even baked a thing since the 60s. No one in our family needs baking, if it is in the house we eat it , of course we do, isn't that why it is here? So we just purchase one item if we feel the need for dessert.
What kind if a wife and mother am I?
On that note I'll add a photo of the Forsythia which is what the poem I wanted yesterday was all about. Oh well a photo , yes, poem ,no.
Tata..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved living on a farm as a child and teenager. Would do it again, but refuse to process my own food. Catching, killing, cleaning and cooking a chicken is a messy process. I much prefer Tyson to do the dirty work.

nanboudreau said...

Anonymous,
I love visiting my aunt's farm when I was a kid . Many happy memories of that time.