a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 26, 2011

miscellany

Looking down the hill.
http://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf      Have trouble with Flying Geese? Check here for a simple solution.

Ray and I disagree on peppers. He loves them and I don't. He also loves the hot peppers. It used to be when I went out on Tuesdays to my sewing groups that Ray would cook up a mess of hot peppers of all kinds. If he did it when I was home my eyes would burn so that's why he did them when I was not at home.
I was looking through the bookcase this morning and saw that there were some quilting books there. This is one I like. Roedale books on a single topic are so attractive and easy to read. I only have the one, so must look and see if there are more available. I do not see them around much.
I can't let you look inside but believe me you would like this book.
More flower beds. There are so many in the city it's easy to find one to photograph. I had no intention of photographing men though but this is a good one. Maybe I'll start another photo topic. I have been contemplating new subject matter, hard as it is to take pictures when I am on the move.

After the clinic this morning we went back to Save on Foods to pick up some ribs which were on sale. We thought they were available yesterday but not, so we had to go again today. Ray said he would cook them this week with the sauerkraut.Mmmm.
I could not believe how tired I was so I had to have a nap. I haven't needed one for several days so it caught me by surprise.
I want to work on my butterfly tonight. The background has to be folded along the diagonal both ways so that I can put the pieces on point.
There it is all pinned and ready to sew. Below are my silk threads that I use for applique. I think some are missing as I often lend them to my friends when they need just a small amount.  It doesn;t matter I have not bought anything sewing related for months so it gives me an opportunity to go and buy !!LOL.
Adam called today just to check in . He is very good that way and I do appreciate it.
He and Lisa are coming up north next month. It will be good to see them.
Have a wonderful evening, it is beautiful here, still sunny.
Welterusten.







2 comments:

Mary said...

Its too bad they couldn't come up for my wedding celebration :( I hope you have fun seeing them though!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the fabrics in the butterfly. Can't wait to see it finished.