a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A riot

This is not the citizens of Vancouver, this is anarchy. I have nothing much to say except many of the idiots are not from Vancouver but from either parts of Canada or from people coming into town to cause the damage, bringing masks and weapons along with their alcohol. Not to say there were no Vancouverites but most of us are in a state of shock. Many Vancouver people are downtown helping with the clean up. I am devastated as are so many of us. We love our city. But still it is our responsibility as it is our city. We should have had more policing availability and a better plan.
The hockey game has been lost in all of this. Boston won this game by being the better team as it should be. Congratulations to the Bruins.
Cute isn't he , a Canucks Bear, I almost bought him.

Next year, Go Canucks Go, we are all still fans. We love our Canucks!!!!!

My friend Jean in Delaware sent me these beautiful pictures of her flower baskets to make me feel good and believe me they made me happy.
There are several photos . I wish I knew how to make a video of them but I'll put several up tonight so you can see Jean's lovely gardening techniques.
Gorgeous colours, you sure found beautiful and different varieites of petunias Jean. You must have a fantastic nursery or did you have to go to different  places to seek out these great plants?
Nice deck Jean.

Variegated petunias, another lovely variety.

Gorgeous petunias And so many different varieties. Thanks Jean this is as many as I can get on the blog. These are just  fabulous.
Ray and I went to the jewellers to get the battery in my watch, had a bite to eat, walked the mall and came home. I had a long nap after we got home.
Now we are watching the horrible photos of the news.
That was the day for us.  Nothing exciting but isn't that  the way for most of us?
Have a great evening folks.
Buona Notte.





2 comments:

Salliejean said...

It's always so sad when adults misbehave and resort to such violence. Those players did an awesome job making as far as they did and they should be lauded for that.

I love petunias and have a lot planted in my yard too but not that pretty as your friends.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Salliejean. Thank you Nan for posting. I have 2 nurseries that I visit in April. You have to be an early bird because the unusal flowers are bought up early April. This is the first year that I saw the yellow and pink and the deep purple and cream petunias. I really enjoy my flowers. I am glad you did enjoy them too, Nan.