a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 23, 2012

40

Liz thank you for joining my blog. Now we are 40 members, how lovely.
I tried to put up an Irish BOM but for some reason it gave the open PDF and that took up far too much room. I am going to keep on trying to get it right :))
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccallsquilting/articles/Free_Ireland_Quilt_Block_of_the_Month_Patterns>>


Hope this one works. :))
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/09/vintage-modern-bow-tie-quilt.html
http://www.quilttrendsmag.com/freeprojects/index.shtml

A few projects that would work for Christmas gifts.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/09/vintage-modern-bow-tie-quilt.html
It seems to me that I offered you a Bow Tie quilt recently, I did show my own bowtie quilt. But this one uses a charm pack of some gorgeous fabrics that really appeal to me so I am showing it again. Maybe!


Darn I lost my blog again. How does that happen?

I see there has been an avalanche in Nepal and some mountain climbers were killed. I alwasy am concerned when I hear of avalanches in Nepal. I have friends who go there in the summer to climb those mountains, they once climbed Mount Everest or almost got to the top when patti was stricken with severe mountain illness. However sorry as I am to hear of those who were killed I was happy that neither my friend nor her huband were listed as the victims. It is such a dangerous sport.

This morning Ray and I tackled the housework as Lynn could not come on Friday. He did some vacuuming and I did four small loads of laundry.
We did not go out today just rested after all our work haha.
Later on in the day I made chili for supper but after all teh chopping and sauteing and browning and putting all the goods together I was pooped. It doesn't take much does it. However I am happy that I can still keep on with things considering how shaky I am. No It is not Parkinson's Disease but is attributed to my illness of last year.  
So a quiet day for the Boudreaus, nothing much happened nor did we have any adventures LOL.
But tomorrow is another day. Hopefully Jim will arrive in time for dinner and Ricky said he would be over at dinner time. So it will be a great time.
I did receive a letter from a dear old friend today who lives in Sequim Washington state to say she would be coming to Vancouver on the 4th of October and wants to go for lunch.It will be great to see her again. Clairee and I went to school together. I can still see her and I setting off for the day. It was a great friendship and still is though we just get to see each other occasionally. It will be so exciting!!
Ah the sun.... It is so wonderful to sit and think LOL.
 
By the way folks the B.C. Lions after being behind for the whole game last night came throught at the end to win the game by
one point, 19 for the Lions and 18 for Edmonton. It was a corker for sure.
Isn't this totally amusing? LOL.
I read of so many quilters whose cats sit on the quilt as they sew. I would be frightened that my cat would get its paw under the needle but since I don't have a cat anyway I don't have that problem.  Cats are so curious , they want to get their noses into everything.
 
A white rhinocerus , one of 4 left in the world  has its own guard to protect it from poachers who have killed most of them for their horns which they sell to those who believe the horn of a rhino enhances potency. They are so endangered that they need a special guard. Tragic isn't it?
 
These two are really enjoying their treat on a hot summer's day. Makes me want an ice cream cone too.
Glorious isn't it. Nothing is more beautiful than the trees in Fall. This photo gives twice !
 
These socks are made from a lovely yarn. Denise from
justquiltin with Denise Russart' I must say I have not seen much quilting on her site but lots of knitting items. I like this yarn, it knits up nice....
Time's up for me tonight, I hope you have had a wonderful day.
And have a great evening everybody.
Buenas Tardes.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 











No comments: