a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 3, 2012

wall hangings

http://countryjunktion.com/2012BOM.html

Remember the little wall hangings of the month? Well September is up . If  you are making them this one looks like fun!
 
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
This Month’s Block is titled “Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup”
and the Recipe is for ” Tomato Basil Soup”

PDF for Block Directions- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
I love the name of this block and I hope you do too. There are others on this site as well.

 
This is where you can find 5 other blocks of this type.
 
Now here's a change and they look delicious. I am sure there are bakers among you but not me. I just like to drool .
 
Well I hoped that I could do a better job today and I still have my doubts but I'll sure try. I did have a quiet day ,  not going out at all so I can regain strength. I found yesterday tired me right out so today decided to stay in. Ray went out himself to Walmart. What was he thinking LOL. He said it was a madhouse. He only bought one item and the lineups were really long so he went up to another counter like maybe the return counter , asked if the lady there could help him. He has trouble straightening up so she could
 see he was in pain and helped him out.
He came home and had a rest. Then he made dinner which was his sauce and spaghetti. The sauce was in the freezer and was still delicious. Marg brought over some chili and chowder but too late to thaw out so that will be dinner tomorrow.


 
 
Terra Cotta Warriors rediscovered by Chinese peasant farmers in 1974. The sculptures were to be the army of the Emperor Qin in his time of death . Qin was China's first emperor and he  united China's warring dynasties. When they were found the lively colours had fade beyond recognition. There were 8000 clay soldiers, 130 chariots and 670 all of clay  horses buried in the mausoleum with the Emperor. There have been scuptures developed since with the wonderful colours of the originals.
Here are the reproductions that are on the streets of Vancouver until this month.
Life size sculptures of the Terra Cotta Warriors.
 
Now for the cutie babies, puppies and kitties. Look out , here they come.
Rose standing up with support but Mary says she is now crawling for food. Daddy is holding out the food to tempt her and she is crawling to get it. I think I'll put up the video to see if you can see it.
Can't find it so here you go with the basket brigade LOL.


Down you go Charlotte!!
 
Now for the puppies...
 

And this one makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. Save it for a rough day!
This is the life, Rick plays expansive haha.
Forgot this one. Grandmother's Choice.

Chock-A-Block Quilt Blocks: Grandmother's Choice

chock-a-blockquiltblocks.blogspot.com/.../grandmothers-choice.html
 
Let's hope this one works. It is making me Italic, drat!
 
There! Can't get rid of  this pesky Italic and bold type.
 
Well It is time for me to go anyway. Have a good evening folks.
Bon soir.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: