a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sewing day

Thank you Linda for joining us.
 
http://www.craftpassion.com/2010/07/pincushion-30-ways.html
Lots of tutorials for pincushions on this site including one for a sewing kit turtle.
http://www.fatquartershop.com/freequiltpattern.asp?Store_id=499&T=1
Some very nice patterns on this site including a free pattern for making a child's half apron. It is very cute .

Another slow day for the Boudreau family. Neither of us felt like oging out. Ray because he took some painkillers for his back/leg and me because I wanted to out the blocks together that I took home from the guild the other night. One package was pieced blocks and the second one is an applique package. Today I did my usual pinning And then began to sew the bricks together. That was a three step process. First sew the 2 bricks to gether , then the next 2 brick pieces to gether and finally the larger two pieces together. That's a lot of together don't you think but that is the way piecing goes.  After doing about half of the work I found that I was really tired . It doesn't take much to get me down for a nap. LOL
Later in the afternoon I joined up all the pieces . Of course in the process there was much pressing going on. All takes time !
 
 
Sorry for the thumb  haha. My picture taking skills lack something!
 
Who would think 6 blocks would take the afternoon but I am a very slow worker , pinning which I love to do, it is relaxing, sewing, pressing,  but they look good to me. I enjoyed my day.
Then I made dinner easy peasy macaroni and tomatoes, how I love that . Mom used to make that for me.  I think I already mentioned that in another blog.
By then I needed another nap LOL!!
Jim called this afternoon , he is so funny. He always asks first off
 " Any good gossip " then I have to tell him how everyone is. He said he'll be down from Edmonton next Sunday ,  Monday or Tuesday. Lots of leeway there. haha  I hope he gets here for his birthday which is on the  24th . He wants to go to Mr. Ho's for dinner. He always wants to go there when he comes to town. That will make it twice for us this month.
I called Rick tonight to see how he made out on the trip back to Calgary. Short conversation, he said fine !!  We rung off.
So funny.
That was the sum total of my day. Good one!
Marg, the other 2 books I took out of the library are A Willing Victim by Laura Wilson. Just like we talked about today , a new author for me. And Silent Voices by Anne Cleeves, hmm a take off on Anne of Cleeves, Henry the 8th's fourth wife and one who managed to escape the axe. I have not read this author either. I'll let you know what these two are like. And everyone else too Haha!
 
Another big and little scenario. the little guy is raised by a woman who raises miniature horses but this little one is even smaller than the norm. The difference between him and the regular sized horse is quite drastic. He is like a little dog isn't he.
 What's to say about this guy?
He says it all!
Is this too much of a stretch? Friends forever.
We're getting close, Fall is soon with us. September 22nd is the firat day of fall so expect many leaves to rake in the near future. Oh dear I have been eating far too many fortune cookies at Mr. Ho's . I sound like one.
I'm sure I told this one before but this picture reminds of the day that while Ray was driving his truck past a bus stop bench , he saw two women sitting on either end of the bench and in the middle of the bench between sat a rooster as brave as you please. I never saw this but the image has stayed in my mind as a very funny picture.
This is so cute....
 


Pretty quilt , I found it on Craftsy where you can find so many things including muffins. I'll add them tomorrow or something of the sort.
Time out for now.
We are going for blood tests tomorrow morning so no food from thispoint on until 10:00 in the morning. 13 hours.
Have a lovely evening everybody.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: