a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday goings on

Morning and I got up late as Ray let me sleep a bit longer. It was good and I felt great all day, so the day began well.
we went to SavOn for our groceries, had coffee at Tim's and then on to Safeway for another few items. We then went on down the road to HopOn's for the produce. So now we are set up for the week.
Ray usually does the veggies and fruit, washes them and puts them away. Because I felt good and poor Ray's leg was very sore, I did the job while he was asleep in his chair. He is taking Advil for the pain and that makes him snooze.
I washed them all , took the tops off the radishes and the tails too, Cut the green stuff off the cauliflower and put it in the pot to cook for dinner. All was done when Ray woke up and asked what I was doing. He was very happy that the job was done. I made dinner too, not much to do there as it was just leftovers. I love the roast , you cook for one meal and eat for three. Good deal eh!
Ray cleaned up the kitchen after dinner and did not complain that I had left a mess. I can't remember if I did, usually I try and clean as I go. But who knows, haha!

And that was the day.
I did read a whole section of the newspaper about the regime of Idi Amin in Uganda when he had all the Asians and Ismailis ejected from the country. He took over all their goods and homes, as well as their citizenship, leaving them with virtually nothing with which to emmigrate. They were taken in by other countries,many went to the United Kingdom Canada took in 5,761, India 4500, Kenya 2500 and the USA 1200. Those were the major countries who helped these people with out a country. They went on to become excellent citizens of their adopted countries. But it was a dreadful time for them.
That reading too me a bit of time this afternoon but it was most interesting. I remember when that diaspora occurred in the 1970s, I was horrified . My doctor in Maple Ridge was one of the Ismailis who left it all behind him. However Canada offers our immigrants the opportunity to remake their lives and they did! They are all excellent citizens.
Not that I know them all ....
 My 10 year old great grandson Adam made a Ninjago with lego blocks and the assistance of his dad.
Clever boyand here he is with a motorcycle helmet on. How can you tell it isn't his LOL ?
 
Now for some serious talk.
 
 Eat your greens and see on this chart wher the best greens are on the pyramid. My guess is at the bottom of the pile LOL. At least that is where I would begin as I like all those greens. Actually  I would probably stop at row 2 and not so much all the other parts. Well maybe the nuts... :))
 
No not for soup but I love turtles , this is a quilt folks, an amazing one.
And this photo because I love the look of Autumn, pumpkins along with a lonely looking stone cabin. Makes a gorgeous picture.
....another quilted turtle, wouldn't that make a great name for a quilt store, The Quilted Turtle. Sounds good to me. This one is so pretty with the lovely mauve fabrics of the turtle's shell.


A totally amazing tulip, it is called the Ice Cream Tulip. I wonder why :))) It is stupendous looking isn't it? Can you imagine how the neighbours would be stunned at seeing this tulip in your front garden. Hard not to be amazed.
 
Talk about stunning, this is a gorgeous quilt . If I were in a quilting mode I would love to make this one. However I have not been in the mood for some time. I hope that changes soon.
Time out folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Guten abend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: