a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 9, 2012

no title

because I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. Except for the trip to Costco.
I was in the line up to buy a Costco hot dog when I noticed this oriental lady give her tiny boy about three a push to get in front of me.  I just gave him my special teacher look and he went back to mommy. I'm old, no way anyone is getting in front of me LOL, no matter how old or how young, Egads, isn't that a song title haha.
I wanted just one thing, silly to go to Costco for just one thing. However I knew I could rely on Ray to pick up the slack.  I wanted my yeary daily journal. I buy one every year but you have to get to Costco at just the right time to find one. I was lucky as there were only 5 left in the pile. One year I had to go to Black Bond for my journal- $15.95 there and $8.95 at Costco. So I hate to miss out on that good price. 

As for the slack , the bill was around $85. Case closed!

After we came home Marg came over with a library book she thought I might like. Sometimes she does that and I just have to get it back to the library on time. I haven't missed  yet because I know how much she wants to have her books returned on the due date. I'm that way too so I am careful. This book is about the Amish rumpspringa. I don't know any more at the moment though.


It interests me as I was up in Pennsylvania in Amish country when Adam lived in Delaware. I loved going there.
Jean do you get that way very often? it is another way of life completely.

When Marg left Ray put the pork roast that I mentioned yesterday into the oven after he added his special spices to it.
Later I washed and cut up the potatoes to add to the roast. When all was ready I made my special gravy LOL. We had creamed corn with it. Oh my it was so delicious. We both ate too much. We like to have bread and gravy whenever I make the gravy so that was just the icing on the cake so to speak. Of course there was no dessert haha. Bread and gravy is the dessert :))

I am reading a book by James  Lee Burke. His descriptive writing is very lyrical but the content is too gruesome. The characters were not very sympathetic and very much like cardboard characters. I could not get a feeling for any of them but  I bought the book so I will finish it but won't buy another one.   I don't think you would like it Marg but you can give it a try.
Books are so expensive to buy these days that I feel I must read it all. However the descriptions of southwest Texas and the aridity of the landscape was interesting enough. You can get a feel for how people live in an area like this one. I'll stay here thank you very much LOL.
By the way it is raining here tonight. It has been a long time without ran so I am happy as we mostly live in an urban forest. When it get so dry I worry about fire. There is a huge forest fire up in Peachland about 5 hours from here. The area there is very dry in the summer.

Does this make you laugh? It does me!!
Enough now of cats and dogs, how about a pair of kissing moose, Canada's choice LOL. I am very fond of these magnificent animals. What a gorgeous set on antlers this guy has.
Aha more of big and little....
 
Here Marg a whole basket of kittens to tickle your fancy.
This is how I feel these days , sigh!
 
Even baby elephants love to play ball. All babies love to play don't they. We watched a puppy today jumping and running while he was out for his walk. Not that he wanted to walk believe me, he wanted to run.
 
That's it for tonight folks.
Have a great evening.
Wuynas nuchis.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, Lancaster is 42 mile from where we live. It takes about 1 hr to get there. We haven't been there in about 2 yrs. It is a lovely place to visit. I guess we take it for granted because it is so close.
When Sam went to China and Japan he got so irritated because the people do not wait in line ..They were always walking past him and went right to the front of the line. Sam is a very patient man, but he said he lost it when he was there. He started to stop the people pushing past him. Jean