a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Another day...

I didn't get a chance to call Grandpa today to find out how Grandma is doing, so I'll call tomorrow morning and see if there has been any change. :)



So that's one comfy looking kitty! Luckily our cat has a little less cat-titude ;)

Today we started early, waking up at 8am to get ready to go to a children's sale. Hosted by the Vancouver Island Multiple Birth Association, this event happens a few times a year and it's crazy but fun. I didn't take any pictures, but it's a dry floor arena filled with tables of consignment clothing, toys, books and necessities.

This time (I went in May as well) I went straight to the baby sleepers. I'm particularly fond of the Pekkle brand sleepers and Rose will be growing out of the 6 month ones she's in soon. Selling for anywhere from $1 to $3, I picked up a bunch of them in the 9m to 12m sizes. I also got a cute winter sweater for her and a pair of satin red slippers. By the time I got around to the toys and books there wasn't much left to choose from! Next time (there's another one in November) I'm going to try to volunteer. Volunteers get first access and I'll go straight for the toys!

We got home at 11:30am and nursed Rose and she fell right asleep. She really needed it! She was a trooper but starting to fall apart by the end of it.

Later we ran a few errands and then came home to relax. We were getting supplies to watch Doctor Who. It was the Series 7 premier. For those of you not familiar with the series, it's a BBC production that's been going for about 50 years now (its the longest running Sci Fi show in history... maybe even just TV show! I'm not sure). It didn't disappoint :) Very much fun!

We finally got Rose off to sleep. She used to go to bed at 7:30-8 but she's been refusing to go before 8:30-9 now.

Albert and I are just puttering around, watching the new Muppets movie in the background. It's a lot of fun. I saw it in theatres with Mom last year.

Speaking of my family, Charlotte's grandparents on her dad's side recently bought her a little outdoor slide. She loves it!




Here's your crafty link for the day: www.urbanthreads.com
They have really cute embroidery :) I've been busy making hair accessories for girls, and if I had an embroidery machine I'd certainly choose to make some of these into felt appliques!

And because it's me, here's your dose of Rose ;)



Have a great night guys! I'll keep you updated as always. <3

2 comments:

Goldogmom said...

Please let Nan know I am out here, sending prayers and positive thoughts. I so look forward to her healthy return home.

Michelle
in Seattle
Janome 6600

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, thank you for filling in especially with your busy schedule.
We always enjoy seeing the little ones. They are so cute and growing fast. I am taking the liberty of speaking for others that is why I said We... LOL. Tell Nan, we miss her.