a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hardly awake

I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open and so forgot about my blog. Fortunately something reminded me, not sure what though. LOL. Not that it matters though since I  am back on track.

Jim and Ray did electrical thing around here today, they changed all the plates ,switches and plugs. We had to go down to Rona to pick up some extras and while I stayed in the car and listened to the radio the two of them had a wonderful time in the hardware store. They took their time but that was all right by me.

We went into Walmart to see if they had Jim's overalls but no such luck and believe it or not we did not buy a thing in Walmart. First time haha!!
Then we dropped into Wendy's for lunch. It was late and I did not eat much since I planned a a real dinner tonight.
We came home to do the switches LOL.
I made the Pork roast , well truthfully Ray made it ready for the oven but I looked at it while it was cooking, really hard work. The hard work came when I made the cheese sauce , my specialty, for the cauliflower because Jim said it was his favourite. I cooked small potatoes and made the gravy, my other specialty LOL, that's it , my 2 specialties!!
 But dinner was delicious. Too bad I did not take any pictures. You would have been envious haha.

 I didn't sew even though I had planned to make the Mrs. Keller block.  It is hard to do any sewing when I have company as we take them out all the time. Tomorrow we plan to take Jim to The Keg for a steak dinner . It seems that I have not sewn for a long, long time.
Lynn, Ray's daughter, called tonight from Quebec to say she had received the animal book that we mailed for Hayley Rose. And Hayley Rose was so excited to get it. She plans to take it to school tomorrow  for Show and Tell. She is going to English school so she values the books we send her since they are unable to buy them in quebec. Language laws prevent the importation of English books but we can personally send them in.


http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MapleLeafBlock.html
This is Susan's block which she has decreased in size from quilters cache size of 12 inches. Susan's block is a 6.5 inch block so you would need to make each square 2.5 inches to get this size. It is a lovely block and easy to make.
Wow an albino lion fish, what a beauty.

Which one is which .
 
A cute little wall quilt. I should make one like this as I change my wall quilts regularly, just put my Hallowe'en one.
 
 
Lovely piece! 
Isn't he adorable and look he is smiling haha.
It pays to keep up appearances LOL. And mousies are doing so.
I love you mommy.
 
A sip from a cup for a bluejay. Is it tea or coffee. I think tea. Who has coffee in china cups?
 
Some boy this is. We call him a wrinkly dog ,  actually he is a Chinese Shar Pei. As a puppy he has a lot more wrinkles than the adult Shar Pei. Odd looking puppy wouldn't you say!
Bad kitty, try and be nice.
What a lovely little fountain and pot garden.  No place here for this but we used to have a gorgeous garden when we lived in the house.
Time to go folks.
Have a good evening.
Good night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: