a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Funday

Late tonight!! Rick just left, we had a great visit. It is so nice to see your children. That makes me happy.

Pat picked me up this morning and we went first to Starbucks for our weekly coffee and chat. She and Dave have been on a river cruise in the Baltics and Russia. It was an interesting conversation. She said St. Petersburg was a city built on a series of islands that required them and everybody else to travel an any number of bridges to get to where they wanetd to go. Kind of like Montreal eh?
 Then we went on to our sewing group at the church where we looked at books and quilts and did a bit of sewing along with our visiting LOL.  I had called Betty and asked her to bring her black embroidery as I didn't have any. I said I'd get Ray to take me to Michaels to buy some and she asked me to pick some up for her too. However I used a strand of hers to embroider the antennae on my butterflies. I didn' t get a lot done,  but I had fun .
Betty Lu was working on a fabulous block, a lighthouse block for her Baltimore Album quilt.  She used a fabulous sky fabric made by a lady who dyes her fabric. Her company is called Skydyes. Each one is unique and beautiful.
 

And Wendy showed a lovely quilt . She used a variety of coordinated colours but did only one block. I did not see that at first , it was well done. Picture not so well done.

We had lunch and then packed up to go to Pumpkin Seeds at Mary Alice's to work for the hospital. I didn't do much except keep everyone's spirit up haha. That is a joke not the reality LOL. I sat with Jocelyn and we talked about her granddaughter's first birthday. She was excited about the party. Lots of people attended and made the day for all.
A very strange thing occurred at Pumpkin Seeds, there was no , I mean no Show and Tell. No one had anything to show. Very strange!!
After that Sharon packed my walker into her car and took both Betty and me to Betty's for tea and cakes. Good? of course! Betty makes such lovely delicious little cakes.
Juliet took me home and by then I was so tired that I just went right to bed for a nap.
Now isn't that a wonderful day?
I ran into this little guy at the mall where he was tied up to a post. I sat on my walker trying to get him to look up but this was the best I could do. He wanted a scratch . I gave him one.:)) Got my puppy fix!!
 
I saw these yesterday at Hop On's and just had t take a picture. Not  bad eh!
 
I love  football....
 
Mom and babies.  Didn't realize they could have triplets, I suspect it is a rare ocassion but I do  like the picture. It is a tender moment.
 
This is the end I like to see , the back end of a moose going away from me rather than the front end coming at me LOL
 
 
 
Time to go folks. Have a lovely evening.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


No comments: