a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, November 18, 2012

7:00

A bit late but not too bad. I have spent some time trying to make a comment to a friend and those hokey words you have to write to"prove you are not a robot" does not understand itself LOL So I just had to dump my comment.

We had to go to the store where Ray bought my new printer because we could not get anywhere with it. The salesman did give us some instructions on how to get it to go. We came home and set to work. nothing would work . Ray had to put a cable in the back of the computer and in the back of the printer. I ran the CD with the instructions and we got so far but still could not manage to make it print. We kept putting the paper in and got now where. I thought of what I had told you before about Einstein saying if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different outcome, that is the definition of insanity haha.  I then looked at the printer in a different way. What if we put the paper here in the back says I. Lo and behold it worked and I was able to print the pieces I wanted to embroider today.
By now it was 4:00. I thought  4:00 is not that bad I can still do a bit of embroidery. And I did 2 small pieces 4"x4" before it was time to eat supper. I was not able to get more than that done , maybe tomorrow. 
He was fun to do.
 
This one is not as nice as I thought it would be, maybe red thread would help. I may just put it in the round file.
 


Centennial Quilt Block


The pattern for this Centennial quilt block is free on-line at: http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=7970
 Susan's block for today, Starwood Quilter.
 
More cute mug rugs. this site made me laugh, it is called bits and pieces, close to my blogspot name. These little mug rugs would make a nice little Christmas gift for a friend. They are addictive. LOL.
 
I did the washing today and I'm telling you this because I don't want you to think I do nothing around here LOL. However Ray made the bed and washed out my night jug. He is very sore from when the elevator was out and he carried up the new printer . We took the old one back to the store to be recycled. London Drugs is a good corporate citizen. If you buy from them they will recycle your old item if you want them to. 
  Picture time.
Sweet picture of love between animals mother love and baby love.  You say it is just instinct but I say no it is love. I know you will say it doen't last  ,the foal grows up and leaves and the mother moves on. Isn't that life, my sons grew up and left home too but love remains.
There is always one who is out of step LOL, or in this case out of place.
 
Somewhere  in Europe. This ia a pretty picture of winter. Aren't the gates graceful?
 
No you are a big nuisance haha.
 
She has  a handful here, but the cats are adorable the ape not so much.
 
Turtles on a log, we have a pond here close by in Central Park , many turtles live there and the are very sociall. They love to get together and sun themsleves on a log. They are reptiles so are cold blooded and have no way to warm themselves so sittting in the sun is it. I love to go there and watch them. They  are abandoned by owners who bought them as pets and they grew up. Not as nice, an adult turtle can be vicious when aggravated.
For the astronomers in the group this is a nice departure from animals .
 
Back to animals, this little frog is hanging by a thread. Well a tiny arm. I love this frog.
 
Time flies and I am done.
Have a great evening folks.
Buona Sera.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






No comments: